Supported Devices & Network Requirements
Desktop & Laptop Computers:
- Check that you and your students are using one of the below recommended and available browsers, if they're not, we'll ask them to change (97% of users are already on the correct browser)
Windows or Linux or macOS:
- Chrome / Edge Chrome 78+ [Recommended]
- Firefox 72+
- Safari 12+
- Chrome 78+ [Recommmended]
- Safari 12+ [Recommmended]
- Ensure you have an internet speed of at least 5Mb/s download, and at least 3Mb/s upload.
You can run a speed test by Googling "Test Speed".
The example below shows an example that's close to the minimum internet specs. During your lesson, ensure that you or anyone else on the network are not downloading anything.
- Try be as close to the router as possible - or, if possible, use a computer with a wired network connection.
- Ensure your computer - or anyone else on the same network - is not downloading or uploading data through BitTorrent or other P2P applications.
Tablets or Mobile Devices:
For iOS devices, you can click on the link in the same way you would on a desktop and the mobile/tablet device closely matches the features of our desktop version of Lessonspace! The only feature currently missing from iOS is screen sharing capabilities, but this is something that we plan to work on.
On Android devices, you can use the Chrome browser to go directly to Lessonspace! Simply copy the Lessonspace URL into your browser, and you'll join the Space.