What do I need to use Lessonspace?
The only things needed to have an online lesson with Lessonspace are:
- A laptop or desktop computer with a microphone (internal or external), a webcam (recommended), tablet or smartphone. Ideally with at least 4GB of RAM.
- A reliable internet connection. Ideally of at least 5Mb/s download and 3Mb/s upload. Test your internet speed here.
- The latest version of a modern web browser (we recommend Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox).
The general rule of thumb is, if you are able to use your set-up to have a Zoom or Skype call, Lessonspace will work. Below are some basic equipment recommendations on how to further improve your online teaching experience.
- Optional Extras:
- Drawing tools - touch screen laptop, stylus, drawing tablet, see all your options here.
- Webcam - not strictly required for a Lessonspace session because all the action takes place on the Whiteboard, Document tab, PDF uploads, but if you do want to be able to see each other, you'll need a webcam.
- Earphones - we recommend using earphones with a microphone to prevent echoing and filter outside noise. (You can also turn on our Advanced Noise Cancellation!)
To learn more about how to use Lessonspace, check out our video tutorials here.