Basic troubleshooting checklist
In case you're having some technical issues in a Space, please follow the checklist below to troubleshoot the problems. Most issues are indicated in the Troubleshooting menu in the Space. If you cannot resolve the issues, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the details listed here.
Connection issues are typically caused by a poor internet connection or heavy internet usage. Please try the following steps:
- Move closer to the router
- Check your internet speed and ensure that it is at least 5Mb/s download, and at least 3Mb/s upload. You can run a speed test by Googling "Internet speed test"
- Close tabs and application on your computer that uses the internet
- Ask members of the household to reduce their internet usage (eg. stop downloading or streaming videos)
Audio and video issues
Audio and video issues mostly occur when not granting the necessary browser permissions or by not having the correct audio/video source selected. Please make sure that you:
- Allow permissions when your browser asks to access your microphone and camera. Here's how to do it.
- Ensure that your computer or mobile is not muted, you have a working speaker and microphone (built-in or external) connected to your computer or mobile.
- Select the correct microphone and camera source from the Device Setup menu.
- Check the Troubleshooting menu for any additional information.
Issues with the whiteboard
A laggy or slow whiteboard is generally caused by a slow internet connection, or having too many files on one whiteboard. Please follow the steps listed in the Connection issues section, or try deleting large images from the whiteboard.
In case of any questions, please reach out to us at email@example.com.